Did you know that auto insurance premiums are not set in stone? There are multiple factors that can influence the price.
We’ve pulled together a list of the best steps you can take to lower the cost of your car insurance:
- Be cautious on the road: Accidents remain on your record for six years! Cautious drivers without a history of accidents can expect to receive lower insurance rates.
- Drive a lower-risk vehicle: Some vehicle models are more likely to be a target for automobile theft. They also have higher repair costs or are statistically involved in more accidents than other models that can lead to a rate increase.
- Enroll in a driver’s education course: New drivers that have completed a driver’s education course within the last three years will pay lower insurance rates.
- Install an anti-theft system: Even if your insurer doesn’t require it, your vehicle is less likely to be stolen if it is equipped with an anti-theft system. Installing one can lower your insurance rates.
- Increase your deductible: It’s simple – the higher your deductible, the more you save on your rates. In the event of an accident, you will have to pay a larger portion of the costs with a higher deductible.
- Combine your insurance: By having your home and car insurance with the same insurer, you can receive additional benefits and savings.
- Take advantage of public transit: Insurance rates are higher for those who commute by car. Use public transit to get to work and qualify for lower rates.
If you’re looking for a car insurance broker who can help you save money, or if you need help to determine whether a new vehicle purchase will affect your premium, give AGR Insurance Brokers a call! 1-800-668-0250